Welcome to Park Practice website where you can find information about the surgery and services we offer.
Covid-19 Vaccinations: Booster doses - Update
The practice continues to work in partnership with South Downs Health and Care (SDHC) to provide our patients with COVID-19 Vaccines. This model allows SDHC to provide the Vaccination service in full and allows us to ensure that the practice continues to focus on patient care and continues to provide the significant number of appointments that we do every week for GP services.
The booster programme commences today and the key messages are:
- Please wait to be contacted by SDHC or the NHS England Team, the practice team is unable to provide any further information or book you in directly for the vaccine
- As with the previous vaccines those aged 80 years old and over will be invited first, working down the age groups to 50 years old, as well as those who are in the clinically extremely vulnerable group. The current aim is to have those aged over 70 years old vaccinated by 14th November and those between 50 – 70 years old by the end of 2021.
- You will be invited by SDHC via letter (for those without mobiles), text messages or phone calls
- If you are housebound and this is known to your practice, SDHC will be in touch with you to organise a home visit
- Important – If you are unable to attend an appointment that has been given to you by SDHC, you do NOT need to take any action, you do NOT need to contact SDHC or the practice, patients who do not attend are contacted again in due course with another appointment.
- The current location of the site is The Harbour Community Centre, The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Rd, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH. Plans are being considered to ensure those who may find it difficult to travel to the site can have local access, however this may take a few weeks to come to fruition and it is therefore advised that those who are invited and can travel to the site should do so to avoid any delays in receiving the vaccine
Flu vaccines 2021
We are now taking bookings for flu vaccines - please call the surgery on 01323 502200 to arrange your appointment.
Please see the information leaflets below on our flu vaccines this year
Over 65 vaccine information
Under 65 vaccine information
Nasal Flu vaccine information
Armed forces Veterans
We are aware that some patients registered at Park Practice may be affected by current events in Afghanistan. The surgery can be contacted on 01323 502200 or alternatively the following organisations can offer advice and support during this time: Op Courage: Tel: 020 3317 6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ; Blue Van Drop-In: htpps://www.bluevandropin.com ; Combat Stress: Tel: 080 138 1619 or visit https://www.combatstress.org.uk ; Samaritans: Tel 116 123 or 0330 094 5717.
Covid-19 Latest Information - Please see the Covid-19 information section located to the right hand side.
Covid update - 08.07.2021
Throughout the pandemic we have strived to make the surgery as safe as possible for all our patients and staff. We will continue to do so going forward.
From the 19th July nothing will change at the surgery - patients will need to still wear a mask, socially distance and use hand sanitiser in the surgery and staff will continue to wear PPE. We do understand that it can be frustrating but we know that when people come to us they are sick and vulnerable (and some cannot receive the Covid vaccinations due to medical reasons) so we feel it would be wrong to not take these small precautions that can protect people.
Thank you for you patience and understanding.
We are unable to supply face coverings and ask all patients to kindly bring their own. Face masks can be brought from most pharmacies, supermarkets and online. There is also a number of guides online on how to make your own face covering at home with little or no expense. Please see the following link for some suggestions from the BBC website.
Make at home face coverings
Park Practice supports the national cancer screening programmes. We actively encourage our patients to accept any invitations they receive and if you miss such an appointment you may receive communication directly from our clinicians asking you to reconsider taking part and providing the information you need to book a new appointment. Below are the links you need if you require any further information on the current programmes –
Bowel Screening –
Breast Screening –
Cervical Screening –
If you have any concerns or questions about screening please do not hesitate to contact the practice or speak to one of our clinicians.
The Portal helps you to find advice and support in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex.
If you’ve been affected by domestic or sexual abuse or violence in Brighton & Hove, or
East Sussex, get in touch to find out more about the help, advice and support available.
Freefone: 0300 323 9985
Practice Mission Statement
To cultivate a caring, happy, empowered and resilient team with the knowledge, skills and professionalism to deliver high quality, effective, person-centered, pro-active, responsive and timely care.
To make efficient use of all resources and develop the team to enable a focus on high quality, job satisfaction and work-life balance.
To strengthen and develop partnerships with other stakeholders to support the delivery of high quality health and social care to the local population.
(Site updated 15/10/2021)